Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Eric and Blanca Wedding September 25th

So this wedding was by far the biggest job for me to date. Trini had another event to be at so she asked if I was comfortable enough to take charge of the wedding reception after the Grand Entrance of the Bride and Groom. Of course, I felt like I was able to take on said task and I did. I was even able to bring a friend along so I asked my friend Stephanie, whom everyone calls by her last name Belen, to assist me at the reception.  I was sooooo glad that she was able to come all the way from Corona to help keep me sane. There is definitely a lot of stuff that goes on behind the scenes of a wedding reception that the guests never really see because they aren't supposed to see it. And I was left to handle all the vendors and the bride and groom throughout the night. And there was a live band....so needless to say my voice is still recovering from yelling while trying to communicate with the photographer, videographer, and DJs. haha. Blanca looked beautiful and Eric looked so handsome. They were definitely a great couple to work with on my first solo event. They made my job that much easier, as well as the best man! He was very helpful that night. It was definitely a great group of people to work for during my first event alone. Trini was constantly checking in which was nice. And Belen was there for me to constantly explain things to which helped. Having me repeat the time line and keeping to it, and even having to push things back by minutes stressed me out. But I made it work and by the end of the night I was so proud of myself!

The wedding was at the Renaissance Hotel on East Ocean Blvd in Long Beach. I love that venue because it's right across the street from the studio and there's no way for me to get lost! haha :)


My day started off at Deanne's house to make the ceremony pieces 
and center pieces for the reception


I, personally, made all of the ceremony pieces
I always wondered how florists made those pretty
flower balls that hang from ribbons...now I know :)
  
I made 11, 10 for the Church, and 1 for the flower girl

The Bride's bouquet

The Bridesmaids bouquets

 The ballroom for the reception



The Placecard table tree




 The band was setting up

Take a look!


 Behind the Sweetheart Table


The Sweetheart Table










 The Toss Bouquet

 The Cake was beautiful!


 The ceremony pieces I made were MIA for a while
but showed up just in time for the reception!



This was definitely an event to remember for me. I enjoyed every minute of that night. And even though I was nervous, no one seemed to notice...and that's how I know I did a great job! haha. I'm definitely looking forward to the day I get to do an entire wedding by myself....until then, I'm perfectly okay with assisting, learning, and absorbing!

-xo!

0 comments: