Tuesday, August 3, 2010

July 24th Wedding



My first wedding with Deanne @BellaFioreLBC. Took place at the Renaissance Hotel in Downtown Long Beach. Everything was delivered early and I was left alone to put all the floral arrangements out. 
Who knew that it would take so long to put out 30, very heavy, centerpieces and keep the hydrangea hydrated long enough to not DIE before the ceremony even began! haha.


Beautiful color combination. Very fresh, very summery. 
Cocktail hour centerpieces. Simple...beautiful...
These darn manzanita trees for the ceremony took me about an hour to assemble! I had to tie each individual orchid to different branches with clear jewelry thread because we forgot to bring the metal wire! :o I was very pleased with the turnout though :)



"Let them eat cake!" -Marie Antoinette

Not only did I set out the floral arrangements, I was also left in charge of putting flowers on the cake! This is something I definitely had never done before in my life and to something so important as another individual's precious wedding cake!!? I was definitely hesitant...but you know what they say...fake it til you make it! And I definitely made it work. I was very pleased with the turnout. It was definitely a beautiful cake, and the hydrangea only added a special touch.

All-in-all, this was definitely a great learning experience and I enjoyed every minute of it! Even if my whole body ached after my day was over :p 

-xo

oh, and p.s. the client was very pleased! kudos to Deanne, and I proudly patted myself on the back :]

0 comments: