Tuesday, August 17, 2010

August 14th Wedding

Ronnie and Briana

Dear Hotel Maya, thank you for being easier for me to find this time around....and for that, I forgive you for the last wedding I worked. :)

It was an eeeaaarrrlllyyy morning and looooong day for me on Saturday! I had to be at Deanne's house (BellaFiore) at 9:30 in the morning to arrange the flowers for this ceremony as well as start on others for the same day. The colors were beautiful, oranges, greens, browns, yellows..a fresh summer assortment of colors that went along with the color scheme of the Hotel Maya beautifully. Not only that! I was left to set up the reception area, ceremony area, tend to the families of the brides as well as transport stuff to and from their rooms to the reception area....alll by myself! I was working solo that day while Trini was in LA at a convention until she arrived at 3ish...but by that time I was already completely set up..with all of the important stuff at least. I was definitely proud of myself. This wedding really proved to me that I can take on a lot more than I realized and am able to juggle client's needs as well as communicating with the venue as well as my own boss. I happily patted myself on the back at the end of the night :) Also! This was the very first wedding that I worked with long time family friend Raul Mora @ R&R Entertainment (www.RnREntertainment.com) whom I refer to as Tio Raul since I've known him since I was like 5 years old! Never once did I ever think I would work with him as a vendor in my career! And that night I worked with him as a professional and it was really really out of this world. A great feeling :) Familiar faces are always nice...and not to be biased or anythingggg but he is a very very VERY talented DJ and Emcee. I definitely worked hard and learned lots more at Ronnie and Briana's wedding through both Raul and my boss Trini. Along with that, I had so much fun at the wedding itself because everyone there was just sooo lively!! I even danced with one of the bride's grandmothers :) She was sweet :)










 





Veronica and Briana's wedding was the second one I assisted with Trini and the first lesbian ceremony that I've both witnessed and worked. People kept asking me "how was it?" "was it....different??" Well let me tell you this, first off, I am a very opened minded person and I believe that people are allowed to love whomever they want to love and shouldn't be judged by it. So getting the chance to work at this wedding was truly an honor for me. And honestly, it was like any other wedding I've been too, seen, or experienced...just with two women instead of a man and a woman. I'm sure that I will experience many more in my future in the wedding industry and I'm looking forward to them :) It was a truly beautiful wedding! Congrats Ronnie and Briana!!





-xo




1 comments:

Belen said...

so jealous of your amazing job. ♥